Last Updated: October 19, 2020
This Policy explains how Seven Lakes Enterprises, Inc. and its affiliates (“Seven Lakes” or “we”) collect, share, and use personal information about you, and how you can exercise your privacy rights.
This Policy only applies to personal information we collect through our websites (such as www.sevenlakes.com) (the “websites“) and in the course of our sales and marketing activities.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND HOW WE COLLECT IT
Information you provide to us
Certain parts of our websites may ask you to provide us with personal information about you voluntarily. For example, we may ask you to provide your identifiers and contact details when you: register an account with us; subscribe to our marketing communications; submit enquiries to us; request market reports; request access to a demo; and or apply for a job.
The personal information we collect may include identifiers and contact information such as your name, address, telephone number or email address and contact preferences. It may also include professional information, such as your job title, department or job role, as well as the nature of your request or communication. If you apply for a job, we will collect your resume and information related to your employment and education history.
In addition, if you choose to correspond with us through email, chat or blog postings, we may collect and retain other information you voluntarily provide us, such as the content of your messages together with your email address and our responses.
Information we collect automatically
When using or interacting with our websites and/or marketing emails (collectively with our websites, the “Online Properties”), we may collect certain information automatically. Some of this information may include identifiers, for example your IP addresses and certain unique device identifiers, and may identify a particular computer or device, meaning that it may therefore be considered “personal data” or “personal information” under applicable laws in some jurisdictions. Some of this information may be collected using cookies and similar tracking technology, as explained further below.
Specifically, the information we collect automatically may include identifiers like your IP address, device ID and cookie ID, as well as internet or other electronic network activity information, including device type, domain, referring website address, browser type and language and other technical information. We may also collect other types of internet or other electronic network activity information about how your device has interacted with our Online Properties, including the pages accessed, search keywords and links clicked.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use the information that we collect for a variety of business and commercial purposes, including:
- To respond to your requests or provide you with information requested by you;
- To send administrative or account related information to you;
- To communicate with you about updates to our products and services;
- To maintain our websites and tailor our websites to your needs;
- For other business purposes, such as data analysis, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our marketing and to enhance, customize and improve our websites, products and services;
- If you apply for a job, to determine your eligibility for a position with us;
- To comply with and enforce applicable legal requirements, agreements and policies;
- To prevent, detect, identify, investigate, respond and protect against potential or actual claims, liabilities, prohibited behavior, and criminal activity; and
- To notify you about important changes to our website, new services and special opportunities we think you will find valuable where this is in accordance with your expressed marketing preferences. You may notify us at any time if you do not wish to receive these offers by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
HOW WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
We do not rent, sell or disseminate personal information we collect about you to third parties for promotional purposes without your consent.
We may disclose your personal information to the following categories of third parties for the following business or commercial purposes:
- to our group companies, third party services providers and partners who provide data processing services to us (for example, to support the delivery of, provide functionality on, or help to enhance the security of our websites), or who otherwise process personal information for purposes that are described in this Policy or notified to you when we collect your personal information;
- to a potential buyer (and its agents and advisers) in connection with any proposed purchase, merger or acquisition of any part of our business, provided that we inform the buyer it must use your personal information only for the purposes disclosed in this Policy; and
- to any other person with your consent to the disclosure.
We may also share personal information with any competent law enforcement body, regulatory, government agency, court or other third party where we believe disclosure is necessary (i) as a matter of applicable law or regulation, (ii) to exercise, establish or defend our legal rights, or (iii) to protect your vital interests or those of any other person.
COOKIES AND SIMILAR TRACKING TECHNOLOGY
We use industry-standard technical and organizational security measures to help protect information transmitted over or stored on our systems. Please note that no transmission or storage of information, however, can ever be guaranteed to be completely secure, though we take all reasonable precautions to protect against security incidents.
We retain personal information we collect from you where we have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so (for example, to provide you with a service you have requested or to comply with applicable legal, tax or accounting requirements).
We may update this policy from time to time in order to reflect, for example, changes to our practices or for other operational, legal or regulatory reasons. If we make material changes to this policy, we will notify you of any material changes by posting the revised policy on this website, and where necessary, by any other means required by applicable law.
THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
We are not responsible for the practices employed by websites or applications (including widgets) linked to or from our website nor the information or content contained therein. Often links to other websites are provided solely as pointers to information on topics that may be useful to the users of our website. Please remember that your browsing and interaction on any other website, including websites which have a link on our website, is subject to that website’s own rules and policies.
If you have questions or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by email at email@example.com.