Technical Task Master
The Technical Task Master will act as a connecting link between our US office and India office teams in managing the development process as per requirements, as well as team communication. He/she will need to work with development/program management/support teams to ensure quality delivery. The ideal candidate will be both a self-starter and effective collaborator, having a deep background in agile web-based and mobile-based application development, showing strong interest in systems and process improvement, product knowledge with excellent technical, analytical and problem-solving skills, as well as good written and oral communication skills.
He/she is expected to understand complex business processes and requirements, challenge them for completeness of thought, and help translate them to written requirements when needed. The incumbent should also possess the ability to communicate and disseminate this information to appropriate people in the organization (primarily, Product managers/analysts, developers, and testers). He/she should have the ability to work on multiple assignments, exercise good judgment in decision-making, meet deadlines, work independently, demonstrate an attention to detail, and be flexible.
- Own the resource efficiency of implementation/support and R&D technical resources in Bangalore Office.
- Work with implementation/support leads to determine resource priorities, and then allocate resources in line with those priorities.
- Establish timelines, budgets and allocate people and technical resources to implementation, support and R&D projects.
- Work with our customer-facing project managers, product managers, and senior management to establish plans and goals for each project, taking into consideration technical team needs.
- Set objectives, assign tasks, allocate budgets to achieving intermediate and overall implementation and product goals.
- Work closely with senior management and project managers to track progress, provide timely updates, and collaborate.
- Regularly meet with team leaders (technical and business) in both the US and India to understand project requirements.
- Motivate the product team and engineering team members to achieve maximum pace and efficiency during projects.
- Work with the team leads to define deliverables and specify the acceptance criteria for their part of work.
- Determine the priority order of all the deliverables and their tasks.
- Help the team in estimating effort required, making sure that it is a reasonable estimate.
- Communicate regularly the current state of deliverables.
- Step in to fill any gaps and mentor team members.
- Communicate any blockers or issues faced by the team in India as well as respond to any issues raised by the US team.
- Verifying that when the work item is delivered, it meets the acceptance criteria defined at the outset.
- Conduct retrospective every sprint end to find and take action on feedback:
- What did the team do well
- What could have been done better
- Where did the team fail
- Things to improve next time
- Communicate regularly with the leadership in the US to understand their expectations and where they would like to see change(s).
- Inculcate the start-up culture in the team.
- Conduct sprint planning, grooming, prioritisation meetings for every sprint
- Take care of daily scrum meetings
- Monitor sprints for quality and productivity metrics as agreed with higher management
Requirements and Desired Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business / Engineering / Information technology or related areas required. MBA would be a plus.
- 5+ years of mobile based application development experience (preferred)
- Experience working on Continuous integration /Continuous deployment project.
- 5+ years of web-based application development experience (preferred)
- 5+ years PM Experience
- 2+ years BA Experience
- Data validation / testing experience strongly preferred
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent documentation skills
- Experience working on DW/BI projects preferred
- Business Analysis / Requirements Gathering skills
- Experience in the upstream Oil and Gas industry preferred
- Deep understanding of Agile methodology (preferably Scrum framework)
Working/office hours are Flexible. There will be a minimum of 3 hours overlap with the US Team in evening.
To apply for this position, please fill out the form below.
Choose your file, then click ”Upload”. Allowed file types: doc, docx, pdf
Your application isn’t complete until you click “Submit Application” below.