We are looking for an experienced Senior Software Engineer to join our team. The ideal candidate will be a strong team player with excellent communication and a proven track record in developing database solutions from the ground up. The software engineer provides advanced technical support in the research, experimentation, business analysis and use of systems technology including architecture, integration capabilities and database management.
- Build and develop system data flows and database models, especially as part of Data warehousing and OLTP projects
- Design and develop extraction, transformation and loading procedures and processes.
- Develop solution patterns, Data Flow Diagrams, Data Models, ER Models and architectural specifications for their area(s) and work closely with other teams to implement them successfully
- Build interfaces and create data interfaces and exchanges across a variety of sources and destinations.
- Responsible for performance tuning of database functions, SQL queries, stored procedures, triggers, etc. to ensure that scalability demands are met.
- Participate in product design and reviews to provide input on functional requirements, product designs, and schedules and identifies any potential problems.
- B. Tech in Computer Science, Engineering or a related discipline with advanced degrees preferred from premier institutions
- 4-7 years of Data warehousing / Enterprise Database Development experience
- Proven Expertise on the Microsoft BI platform – SSIS / SSAS (Optional)
- Strong knowledge of MS-SQL Server – Development, Performance tuning and administration (Optional)
- Exposure to C#, Dot Net will be preferred.
- Exposure to AWS data stack (Athena/Dynamo DB/RDS Postgres/MySQL) will be advantage.
- Ability to implement, reliable System and Database Backup procedures
- Ability to interpret business logic and develop appropriate dataflows and data dependencies
- Ability to work with and communicate with a Team of technical Developers/Analysts and non-technical Business Stakeholders
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills are a must
- Upstream Oil & Gas industry experience preferred
- Minimum 4 years experience.
- Working/office hours are Flexible. There will be a minimum of 3 hours overlap with the US Team in evening