Seven Lakes is looking for a Product Manager to help our customers realize ROI, eliminate toil, and drive decisions through their upstream oil and gas operations data and insights. Seven Lakes Product Managers serve cross-functional engineering teams to deliver delightful user outcomes in hard-to-copy yet margin-enhancing ways. The ideal candidate should know how to synthesize product strategy and customer need into tactical activities around the ‘what, why, and who’ that empower their teams to own and execute on the ‘how.’
What “you would be doing” with us
- Deeply understand our customers’ workflows and jobs-to-be-done.
- Frequently satisfy the customer through early and continuous delivery of valuable and viable software in a rapid series of narrow vertical slices.
- Define KPIs to ensure value measurements against outcomes instead of outputs.
- Work cross-functionally between Product, Design, Engineering, QA, and Customer Success teams to facilitate and own product development.
- Work closely with senior product team members to understand the vision and strategy, which you translate into actionable stories into epics.
- You effectively drive reliable estimations through INVEST-shaped user stories equipped with outcome-focused use cases and acceptance criteria.
- You will lead refinement, planning, and standup conversations with your teams.
- Manage and communicate dependencies and negotiate impediments with other teams.
- Provide demos of the product as needed.
- Help support the organization through change, evolution, and growth.
- Daily demonstrate both servant leadership and a strong bias for action.
What “we expect you” to have
- A minimum of 2 to 5 years of technical product ownership is absolutely essential.
- Bachelor of Engineering / Technology (preferable engineering, math, computer science, or related fields) or sufficient experience in these areas.
- You possess a strong background in SaaS applications and technologies supporting and serving our analytics and mobile product offerings.
- You know how to listen and ask questions with the intent to learn, understand, and shape your ideas and direction.
- You can demonstrate your abilities as a compelling storyteller who can adjust based on the audience.
- You show knowledge of sound design guidelines and practice system thinking.
- You offer narratives of past experiences in the art of the positive no and getting to yes.
- You show healthy habits for keeping your product craft and skillsets up to date.
- You demonstrate an ability to make decisions based on qualitative and quantitative analysis.
- You show you know how and when to split stories, blow up sprints, and manage change.
- You can prove you are just technical enough to engage with engineers, participate in architecture, and design discussions, including SQL and reading logs.
- You can disagree but know how to align in the direction of moving forward strongly.
- You can’t wait to learn about the product and fall in love with our customers’ problems.
- Your greatest asset is your ability to think and communicate.
What “would be great” if you had
- Driving mobile-first efforts with multiple white-label apps is a very strong plus.
- Work in delivering business intelligence and analytics products is a solid plus.
- Past work with a growth-stage startup is a very strong plus.
- Running early-adopter efforts through Firebase & TestFlight is a strong plus.
- Upstream oil & gas operations is a strong plus.
- Customer collaboration with Mobile MDM solutions is a strong plus.
- Manufacturing workflow is a plus.
- User analytics using Pendo is a definite plus.
- Workflow & Task management systems are most certainly a plus.
- Low-code/No-Coe experience is an eye-catching plus.
- Running ideation sessions through Miro is helpful.
- Automated documentation through Jira & Confluence is helpful.
- Continuous Integration & Continuous Delivery is helpful.
- Automated testing is helpful.
- MBA is always a plus.
- Working/office hours are Flexible. There will be a minimum of 3 hours overlap with the US Team in evening
NOTE: “You may not have everything mentioned above. If you think you want to become the person who would fit the above requirements, do apply or write to us “!!
Super end-of job description bonus: You can answer questions based on the writings &/or podcasts of Cagan, Perri, Kohavi, Goldratt, & Lochead.